Northgate Ministry Statement Of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (2nd Peter 1:20-21 and 2nd Timothy 3:16-17)
- We believe that there is only one God, eternal existent in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (John 14:16-17, Matthew 28:19 and Deuteronomy 6:4)
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, and His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His substitutive and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that lost and sinful man must be saved, and that man’s only hope of redemption is through the shed blood of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. (Romans 3:23 and 1st Peter 1:18-19)
- We believe that all the gifts of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to lead a godly life.
- We also believe in all the gifts of the Holy Spirit are valid for today, and we allow them to be exercised “decently and in order.”
- We believe in the resurrection of the both the saved and unsaved; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are unsaved unto the resurrection of damnation. (Daniel 12:2)
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (1st Corinthians 12:12-13). This church will observe regularly the two New Testament ordinances of water baptism and the Lord’s Supper. These ordinances are observed in obedience to our Lord Jesus Christ, as acts of love and devotion, and are not to be considered necessary for our salvation.